Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baby, Meet Biden. Biden, Meet Baby


The Turtle took its first journey into the world of politics on Thursday. Ed and I have both become very involved with DC Young Lawyers for Obama and had the opportunity to attend a reception with Senator Biden on Thursday night. The senator delivered a fantastic speech, noting that this election is the most important of our collective lifetimes. After the speech concluded, Ed and I got in the handshake line. When Senator Biden reached us, I told him we were expecting our first child in December, and that, as a result, I could not agree with him more about how important this election is (more on that in a subsequent blog, I think). He flashed that million watt grin and asked, "Can I rub your belly? I'm Irish. It's lucky!" Now whether the luck is intended for us and the Turtle or for Barack and him, I'm not sure, but either way sounded pretty good to me, so of course, I agreed (and thereafter marveled that he may be the first person who has actually asked before touching my belly). After we took the picture, he leaned in and said quietly, "You know, kids are really the greatest thing in the world." Again, I couldn't agree more. Good luck, Barack and Joe. We're all counting on you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture :) and good luck indeed! ~Lindsay